Monday, August 15, 2011

The New and Upcoming!

I'm so happy to be feeling better. I re-opened my Etsy shop last week. I got some projects done that were sitting around from when the boys were 14 months old before the first accident. Now they are completely potty learned so I have no need for all the mediums I had cut out waiting to be sewn for them. So I am trying to get old projects finished up so I can start on all my new cool ideas.

Last you saw of me was probably testing out my one size covers. I made the front with minky so that no wicking would happen onto the cotton prints I use since the snap down rise would cause wicking even with the leg elastic rolling out. On my sized diapers the rolled out minky prevents wicking from happening, so I was estastic of the minky on the front idea. Now I see just about every diaper maker doing this. So old news to make diapers like that now.

I'm going to be doing away with sized diapers. Everyone loves one size. So I thought of doing newborns and one size. But that's what everyone else does! I also hate snapping because of my injuries! I hate aplix diapers though so all closures will be snaps regardless of how much I despite putting them in. So here is the new products I am going to be offering and I need testers of course!

Fitteds
  • These will fit newborn to medium-ish. I'm aiming for like 5lbs to 25lbs weight range.
  • They will be serged all around. The rise adjustment will be done with elastic not snaps down the front.
  • There will be a opening in the waist part that velcros shut to have assess to the adjustable elastic.
  • The waist will also be adjustable with the elastic so no cross over snaps will be needed.
  • The insert will snap in and be one long one that can be folded long wise to be whatever length you need and another 'booster' insert (that snaps in) that can also be used as the newborn insert alone. Made with OBF and zorb
All - In - Twos
  • These will be one sized fitting 10-40lbs easily
  • These will have the minky front to prevent wicking
  • Turned and top stitched
  • Waist and leg elastic will be adjustable with the same hidden velcro opening as the fitteds
  • The insert will be the same idea as the fitteds with one long one and one 'booster'/newborn one
Covers
  • These will be one size fitting from 10-40lbs easily
  • The front will be minky to prevent wicking
  • You will have the option for wipable PUL inner or minky inner
  • Turned and top stitched
  • Waist and leg elastic will be adjustable with the same hidden velcro open
  • You will have the option to make these AI2s by buying a insert listing in my shop
Pockets
  • These will be one size fitting from 10-40lbs easily
  • The front will be minky to prevent wicking
  • The back will open so there is no need for the hidden velcro opening to adjust the elastics
  • Turned and top stitched
  • Waist and leg elastic will be adjustable so no cross over snaps or snap down rise
  • Pockets will from now on come with microfiber terry towels for inserts or you can upgrade your insert by buying a insert listing
I will be testing for the Fitteds, All-In-Twos and Pockets! You can sign up for the tester spots on my facebook.

I am going to do boy fitted testers first. Sign up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment