Monday, August 15, 2011

The After Math..

In my last post I talked about what happened with my car accidents. In this post Im going to talk about all the feelings that occurred from those accidents.

You really don't think about how car accidents affect people unless they are severely injured. But just imagine ALL of the activities you enjoyed doing hurt you so you don't do them anymore. Even things that you have to do hurt and cause you grief and can make you in a bad mood. Imagine weaning your young children against their will so you can get relief. Imagine leaving your kids, which are your world, half the day to go to therapy. Imagine having to pay for the childcare, mowing, gas to go to therapy, house cleaning because you are injured. Imagine getting all kinds of MRIs and tests done to tell you what is wrong with you but hardly any relief or answers to fix it besides surgery. Imagine your savings slowly dwindle away to pay for theses things caused from a careless driver.

What got me was how wonderful life was before these things happened to me and my family. I was on meds, which don't like taking but must. Everything I did caused me and my partner pain. We were depressed, fighting about money all the time, which was never an issue before this..
We couldn't afford outings for the kids anymore.

Slowly we healed. It took meds, time and patience.We have some permanent injuries though.
I found out I was pregnant and had to stop taking all meds. Even acetaminophen is has been linked to birth defects. The meds left me with heartburn, something I never experienced EVER, even when I was pregnant with twins.

I researched natural things that could help me heal. Ginger and bromeline (enzyme found in pineapple) are a natural anti-inflammories, borage oil repairs nerve damage and MSM/Glucosomine take toxins out of joints and lubricate them. These things actually help me more than the meds did. If I forgot to take the meds, it felt like I had never taken them  ever. With the natural remedies the effects last because they are actually repairing me. We eat so healthy and I couldn't understand why I felt like an old lady before, well I was injured and taking poison to fix them!

Now I can garden, sew, clean, take care of the kids and all I need to be careful of is how I turn my wrist and shoulder since I still have tears healing in them. I'm hoping to avoid surgery after the baby comes but my surgeon recommended it if I'm still in pain. So I still take it easier than I would like because I need my body to heal. Especially before the newbie comes and puts more strain on my arms and back. Life is on the up again and I'm glad to leave that part behind me. Lets all pray that it never happens again!

No comments:

Post a Comment